Storage Water Heater Installation and Service in Winter Haven, FL
The Department of Energy says storage water tanks remain the most popular water heating systems in the U.S. Whether you’re buying, maintaining, or seeking repair, a storage water heater is a good solution to hot water delivery for your home and family. And Iceberg Home Services is your local plumbing company for water heater installation and service.
Iceberg Home Services plumbing professionals are passionate about convenient, clean water heating for your home! Call (863) 223-1849 or contact us today to learn more about water heater installation and service.
Water Heater Fuel Sources
There are six water heater fuel sources:
- Electric – Electric water heaters aren’t as energy-efficient as others, and electricity costs more than natural gas or propane. But these heaters cost less to buy. If you don’t have a heavy hot-water demand, an electric water heater is a great option.
- Gas – Natural gas water heaters cost more upfront, but they are cheaper to operate than electric.
- Heat pump – Super-efficient heat pumps cost much more than conventional water heating systems, but they’re a great choice for Florida homeowners.
- Oil – Air and oil mix to ignite a power burner. Oil is usually a fuel source for homes without natural gas. The oil is stored in a large external tank.
- Propane – Propane is usually a fuel source choice for homes without access to natural gas. The propane is stored in a large external tank.
- Solar – Solar systems can be used with conventional water heaters. The energy is channeled from solar panels to the heat exchanger. Solar water heating systems can save you as much as 80% on your water heating bill.
Gas and electric storage water heaters last 10-13 years; heat pump water heaters usually last 12-15 years, and tankless water heaters can last more than 20 years.
If you need help deciding what type of water heater would be best for your home, you want the best plumbers in:
- Altamonte Springs
- Bay Lake
- Belle Isle
- Buena Ventura Lakes
- Doctor Phillips
- Forest City
- Four Corners
- Lake Alfred
- Lake Buena Vista
- Lake Wales
- Pine Hills
- Saint Cloud
- Winter Garden
- Winter Haven
- Winter Park
… and surrounding communities.
Pros & Cons of Electric Hot Water Tanks
HomeAdvisor says the cost to install a new electric water heater is between $250 and $6,000. The cost varies by location and the complexity of the installation.
There are many advantages to electric water heaters, but the biggest advantage is they cost less upfront. Their energy efficiency varies by unit, so always check EF (energy factor) numbers. Electric units usually have EF number 0.9+ (better than gas because energy is lost during the venting process).
Electric water heaters could be considered safer than gas, because there’s no risk of gas leaks. And nearly every home in our country has electricity, so your power source is easily available.
Disadvantages can include:
- Costs more to operate (depending on your area’s electricity costs)
- No access to hot water if the power goes out
- Water heating time takes longer
Pros & Cons of Gas Water Heaters
The cost to install a new gas water heater is also between $250 and $6,000. Gas water heaters’ EF numbers are 0.5-0.7. They cost more upfront but save money on monthly energy bills because gas is usually cheaper than electricity.
Disadvantages can include:
- Can be considered riskier, because another fuel is involved
- Gas lines should be inspected annually
- Not every area has access/natural gas
- Requires more installation space
- Switching from electric to gas water heater costs more/installation
Emergencies don’t keep office hours, so neither do we. Iceberg Home Services is available 24/7. Call (863) 223-1849 or contact us if you have questions about storage water heater installation and service.
Water Heater Sizing Guide
“What size water heater do I need?” is a logical question. The answer depends more on your lifestyle than your square footage.
This water heater size best-guesstimator might help:
- 1-2 people – 30-40 gallons
- 2-3 people – 40-50 gallons
- 3-4 people – 50-60 gallons
- 5+ people – 60-80 gallons
Why Choose Iceberg Home Services for Water Heater Installation?
For over 70 years, Iceberg Home Services has provided HVAC and plumbing services to this area. We are invested in Florida, your community, and you.
When you want to examine your options, we can speak with knowledge and experience about cost-effective, environmentally responsible, safe, and convenient water heating.
Why Choose Iceberg Home Services?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ We are very pleased with Iceberg, from sales to installation it was all done in a timely matter and as Promised. Shawn Crawford and Adam Jr came out on Saturday and worked all day, even though they faced a few hurdles, they did what they had to do to get it done. They were very polite.”
“ Chuck arrived within a day after my call. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He looked at my unit and told me what my options were as far as the unit. I felt very confident that he was telling me the true issues with my unit and what would be in my best interest.”
“ They are fast, reliable, and courteous! They have been out to our house twice to fix the same problem for two different reasons and both times were on time and cared about the well-being of our family. They are also very knowledgeable and also advised us on how to keep our A/C maintained during stor...”
“ Chuck from iceberg A/C and heating, LLC was AMAZING! I was recommended to this company, and I'm so happy I was. Chuck was timely, efficient, and thorough. He didn't try and sell me repairs that weren't needed, found our problem and will get fixed tomorrow! I would 100% recommend them to anyone, espe...”
“ Excellent work, very reliable. Highly recommend for all your heating and cooling needs.”
“ Very happy to have found them to help us with our AC needs. Very responsive, punctual, honest and friendly!! Elon is great very professional and courteous. Definitely recommend using them for service and repair.”