Air Conditioning Repair Service in Polk County & Central Florida
When your home’s air conditioning quits working or shows signs of trouble, you have an AC repair company you can count on. For more than 70 years, Central Florida residents have depended on Iceberg Home Services for fast, reliable AC repairs in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Orlando, and throughout Central Florida.
Iceberg Home Services is a family-owned company providing air conditioning service throughout Polk County and southwest Orlando. We promise to deliver prompt service by trained and certified technicians. We offer convenient 24/7 emergency AC service and a helpful, friendly approach to customer care.
AC on the fritz? Call Iceberg Home Services today at (863) 223-1849 to get the fast, convenient, dependable AC service you deserve!
24-Hour Emergency Air Conditioner Repair
Most air conditioner problems aren’t going to wait for a “convenient” time to crop up, but some issues (and some days) are much worse than others! When you need fast, accurate, and always reliable repair services, you can count on Iceberg Home Services to provide the help you need. Our specially trained emergency response team is available any hour, any day, to restore your comfort! We’re available 24/7 for emergency AC repair!
When To Request Emergency AC Repairs
Many AC problems can wait until business hours for repairs, as long as your air conditioner is running and keeping your home relativity cool. This can include things like squeaky belts, dirty air filters, minor refrigerant leaks, or dirty coils. It is best to schedule emergency AC services, however, when you notice any of the following problems:
- The air conditioning system will not turn on
- It shuts down unexpectedly or cannot cool effectively
- It trips breakers often
- It has major refrigerant leaks
- The condensate drain is clogged or overflowing
- The compressor will not run properly
- It is making abnormal noises like grinding, screeching, or buzzing
- You notice sour or musty smells or meting plastic odors
These problems can leave your home uncomfortably hot or lead to further system damage, so call our team right away at (863) 223-1849 or contact us online to schedule emergency AC repairs.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
Not everything is always as obvious as a complete system breakdown. But knowing how to recognize the signs early can help you get the quick care and service you need before things go really wrong. Keep an eye out for these common signs of an ailing AC:
- Temperate or warm air. Warm or simply not cool air coming from your system typically relates to a refrigerant leak or blockages in airflow, but sometimes the problem could lie with the compressor as well. No matter the cause, our team will find and fix it right away.
- Spikes in cooling costs. Generally speaking, your cooling costs tend to stay in a somewhat predictable range. When the cost starts to shift or spike, you should always take that as a note that something is beginning to go wrong. Call us now to ensure a small problem doesn’t turn into a big (expensive) one!
- Strange air conditioner noises. Odd air conditioner sounds are going to indicate a loose or damaged part. And while this doesn’t seem like a huge deal, it really is. Left alone, a loose part can do serious damage to your cooling system, often even leading to needing a complete system replacement.
- Foul or musty odors from vents. If your vents smell dusty or dank, you might find the relief you need with an air quality test and duct cleaning or by seeking out air conditioner maintenance. But if the smell is more along the lines of burnt wiring, you should call in for emergency care immediately.
Things To Try Before Calling an AC Professional
Most AC problems should be handled by a professorial HVAC company like our team at Iceberg Home Services, but there are a few things you check to solve simple problems before calling in the experts:
- Replace the air filter if it is dirty or clogged
- Replace the thermostat batteries if it has no power
- Make sure your temperatures are set correctly
- Double-check that the thermostat is set to “Cooling” and the fan to “Auto”
- Check for any tripped breakers for the air conditioning system
- Reset the AC unit by turning the breakers off, then back on
If none of these tips help to get your AC running properly again, call Iceberg Home Services at (863) 223-1849 or contact us online for expert AC repairs anywhere in Orlando or the surrounding communities.
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Issues
Some AC odors are normal, and no reason to worry, but others may mean you have an AC problem that needs urgent attention. If you smell a stale or dingy smell, you might have mildew growth in your air conditioner due to moisture. A burning rubber smell could signal an electrical problem. If your AC smells like vinegar, mildew, urine, or sweet syrup, call us to have a technician come to perform an AC inspection and advise you of repair options.
If your air conditioner is whistling, clunking, or humming, the problem could be anything from a worn-out fan belt or debris in the outdoor unit to a damaged fan blade or a failing compressor. Our technicians use state-of-the-art tools and tech to diagnose your AC problem to provide you with a fact-based repair recommendation and estimate.
Ice buildup on an air conditioner typically occurs due to inadequate maintenance, which leads to damaged parts. Dirty air filters, refrigerant leaks, a damaged blower motor, or a dirty evaporator coil can all contribute to your AC system icing up — even in the heat of a Florida summer. If you see ice buildup on the indoor cooling coil or the outdoor condenser unit, call us right away to repair the issue before it leads to more costly damage and a potential AC replacement.
Contrary to popular misconception, an AC system does not “lose” refrigerant through normal operation. If your AC refrigerant is low, you probably have a leak somewhere in your system. AC refrigerant leaks can be caused by evaporator coil corrosion, incorrect installation of your AC system, or damaged parts. Call for immediate AC repairs before your problem gets worse.
Providing AC Service Throughout Central Florida
At Iceberg Home Services, AC repairs may be “just the tip of the Iceberg Home Services,” but it’s still what we’re most known for. Our expert AC technicians bring years of training and experience, so you can depend on fast AC repairs that are done right. When you call on us, we can ensure you’re back to cool, comfortable normalcy in no time.
Why Choose Iceberg Home Services?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ We are very pleased with Iceberg, from sales to installation it was all done in a timely matter and as Promised. Shawn Crawford and Adam Jr came out on Saturday and worked all day, even though they faced a few hurdles, they did what they had to do to get it done. They were very polite.”
“ Chuck arrived within a day after my call. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He looked at my unit and told me what my options were as far as the unit. I felt very confident that he was telling me the true issues with my unit and what would be in my best interest.”
“ They are fast, reliable, and courteous! They have been out to our house twice to fix the same problem for two different reasons and both times were on time and cared about the well-being of our family. They are also very knowledgeable and also advised us on how to keep our A/C maintained during stor...”
“ Chuck from iceberg A/C and heating, LLC was AMAZING! I was recommended to this company, and I'm so happy I was. Chuck was timely, efficient, and thorough. He didn't try and sell me repairs that weren't needed, found our problem and will get fixed tomorrow! I would 100% recommend them to anyone, espe...”
“ Excellent work, very reliable. Highly recommend for all your heating and cooling needs.”
“ Very happy to have found them to help us with our AC needs. Very responsive, punctual, honest and friendly!! Elon is great very professional and courteous. Definitely recommend using them for service and repair.”