Air Conditioner Repair Service in Polk County & Central Florida
Top-Rated Local Air Conditioning Contractor
When your home’s air conditioning quits working or shows signs of trouble, you have an AC repair company you can count on. For more than 70 years, Central Florida residents have depended on Iceberg Home Services for fast, reliable AC repairs in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Orlando, and throughout Central Florida.
Iceberg Home Services is a family-owned company providing air conditioning services throughout Polk County and southwest Orlando. We promise to deliver prompt service by trained and certified technicians. We offer convenient 24/7 emergency AC service and a helpful, friendly approach to customer care.
AC on the fritz? Call Iceberg Home Services today at (863) 223-1849 to get the fast, convenient, dependable AC service you deserve!
Need 24-Hour Emergency AC Repair?
Most air conditioner problems aren’t going to wait for a “convenient” time to crop up, but some issues (and some days) are much worse than others! When you need fast, accurate, and always reliable repair services, you can count on Iceberg Home Services to provide the help you need. Our specially trained emergency response team is available any hour, any day, to restore your comfort! We’re available 24/7 for emergency AC repair!
When To Request Emergency AC Repairs
Many AC problems can wait until business hours for repairs, as long as your air conditioner is running and keeping your home relativity cool. This can include things like squeaky belts, dirty air filters, minor refrigerant leaks, or dirty coils. It is best to schedule emergency AC services, however, when you notice any of the following problems:
- The air conditioning system will not turn on
- It shuts down unexpectedly or cannot cool effectively
- It trips breakers often
- It has major refrigerant leaks
- The condensate drain is clogged or overflowing
- The compressor will not run properly
- It is making abnormal noises like grinding, screeching, or buzzing
- You notice sour, musty, or other strange smells
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
Not everything is always as obvious as a complete system breakdown. But knowing how to recognize the signs early can help you get the quick care and service you need before things go really wrong. Keep an eye out for these common signs of an ailing AC:
- Temperate or warm air: Warm or simply not cool air coming from your system typically relates to a refrigerant leak or blockages in airflow, but sometimes the problem could lie with the compressor as well. No matter the cause, our team will find and fix it right away.
- Spikes in cooling costs: Generally speaking, your cooling costs tend to stay in a somewhat predictable range. When the cost starts to shift or spike, you should always take that as a note that something is beginning to go wrong. Call us now to ensure a small problem doesn’t turn into a big (expensive) one!
- Strange air conditioner noises: Odd air conditioner sounds are going to indicate a loose or damaged part. And while this doesn’t seem like a huge deal, it really is. Left alone, a loose part can do serious damage to your cooling system, often even leading to needing a complete system replacement.
- Foul or musty odors from vents: If your vents smell dusty or dank, you might find the relief you need with an air quality test and duct cleaning or by seeking out air conditioner maintenance. But if the smell is more along the lines of burnt wiring, you should call in for emergency care immediately.
Things To Try Before Calling an AC Professional
Most AC problems should be handled by a professorial HVAC company like our team at Iceberg Home Services, but there are a few things you check to solve simple problems before calling in the experts:
- Replace the air filter if it is dirty or clogged
- Replace the thermostat batteries if it has no power
- Make sure your temperatures are set correctly
- Double-check that the thermostat is set to “Cooling” and the fan to “Auto”
- Check for any tripped breakers for the air conditioning system
- Reset the AC unit by turning the breakers off, then back on
If none of these tips help to get your AC running properly again, call Iceberg Home Services at (863) 223-1849 or contact us online for expert AC repairs anywhere in Orlando or the surrounding communities.
Why Choose Iceberg?
- Prompt, 24-hour Emergency Service
- Highly Trained & Certified Technicians
- Family-Owned & Customer Service Focused
- Only Install Industry-Leading Products
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Issues
Some AC odors are normal, but others may mean you have an AC problem that needs urgent attention. If you smell a stale or dingy smell, you might have mildew growth in your air conditioner due to moisture. A burning rubber smell could signal an electrical problem. If your AC smells like vinegar, mildew, urine, or sweet syrup, call us to have a technician come to perform an AC inspection and advise you of repair options.
If your air conditioner is whistling, clunking, or humming, the problem could be anything from a worn-out fan belt or debris in the outdoor unit to a damaged fan blade or a failing compressor. Our technicians use state-of-the-art tools and tech to diagnose your AC problem to provide you with a fact-based repair recommendation and estimate.
Ice buildup on an air conditioner typically occurs due to inadequate maintenance, which leads to damaged parts. Dirty air filters, refrigerant leaks, a damaged blower motor, or a dirty evaporator coil can all contribute to your AC system icing up — even in the heat of a Florida summer. If you see ice buildup on the indoor cooling coil or the outdoor condenser unit, call us right away to repair the issue before it leads to more costly damage and a potential AC replacement.
Contrary to popular misconception, an AC system does not “lose” refrigerant through normal operation. If your AC refrigerant is low, you probably have a leak somewhere in your system. AC refrigerant leaks can be caused by evaporator coil corrosion, incorrect installation of your AC system, or damaged parts. Call for immediate AC repairs before your problem gets worse.
Additional Air Conditioning Resources
- How the Florida Heat Can Affect Your Air Conditioning System
- AC Short-Cycling: What Is It & How Do I Fix It
- Which AC Filter Is Best?
- 7 Questions to Ask Your Technician About Your Air Conditioning System
Same Day ApprovalApply Now
Why Choose Iceberg?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ I am absolutely thrilled with the outstanding service we received from Iceburg Home Services! From the moment they arrived to our home, they were extremely professional, friendly, and organized! They replaced our entire duct system for our AC. I noticed everything they were doing was done with preci...”
“ Love the people at Iceberg Home Services they have excellent service men working for them. Aaron Adorno serviced our home HVAC. Thank you for doing a Great Job Aaron!! Aaron is very professional and knowledgeable in his field of work, very friendly and easy to talk with. We definitely will highly re...”
“ I Had My Best Experience With Any Contractor That I've Ever Had Do Work At My House... I Called In For A Price Quote On My Existing Unit That Was Old And Not Working Anymore... I Was Given At Time & Day They Would Come Out... I Already Had Three Quotes Already For Replacing Both Unit's... On The...”
“ Called Stephanie about a duct cleaning and not only did she get me an estimate on the same day but, she sent Erne out. I can't say enough about Erne's professionalism, willing to go the extra mile only to find out he documented my ducts and my home is 9 years old and the duct's look like new (his wo...”
“ We had a great experience a few months ago when they installed a new a/c unit. So when our kitchen flooded and we could not determine where it was leaking from we decided to give them a try for their plumbing services. Thank you to Robert coming out to inspect the problem. Although we have to get a ...”