Faucet Repair & Replacement in Lakeland, Orlando & Winter Haven, FL
Have you ever counted the number of indoor and outdoor faucets on your property? We seldom think about our home’s water faucets…until they start leaking, dripping, or spraying water. When you need a professional plumber for faucet repairs or to install new faucets in Winter Haven, Lakeland, or Orlando, call the pros at Iceberg.
Call 863-223-1849 to schedule a faucet repair or installation and learn about our other plumbing services in Central Florida.
New and Improved Faucets
Technology impacts our lives every day, and that includes our homes. Some faucet innovations include:
- Ceramic discs – Rubber washers age and compromise water flow and faucet operation. Ceramic discs are now available as an alternative to rubber washers.
- Increased eco-friendliness – Reducing water waste and meeting demand is the EPA’s WaterSense goal for faucets.
- Hands-free operation – Motion sensors and touch technology make faucets easier to turn on hands-free or using an elbow tap. This also reduces cross-contamination.
- Higher rise – High-rise kitchen faucets are about 30 inches from the base, making it easier to fill oversized cooking pots.
- PVD finishes – Physical vapor disposition is a process that bonds the finish to faucet materials. Faucets will literally last a lifetime with PVD.
Common Faucet Problems
Your faucet can be repaired, but a new faucet is the better fix if you see too many repairs.
Common faucet problems include:
- Age – In Central Florida, the average property age is 33 years old. A faucet’s life span is 15 to 20 years, so if your home has the original faucets, it’s time for a replacement.
- Drips – A damaged washer may be the cause of a faucet drip.
- Low pressure – Aerators and plumbing pipes can get clogged. A leak in your system can also cause low water pressure and poor faucet flow.
- No water – It could be age or a faucet valve problem.
- Noise – Chattering, whistling, or “shrieking” noises indicate a washer or pipe problem.
- Poor installation – If your DIY faucet installation leaks, it’s likely due to loose parts. Have your local plumber reinstall the faucet.
- Rust – If you see rust formations on the finish, it’s probably rustier on the inside. Don’t drink water from that faucet and replace it as soon as possible.
- Sprayer clog – Soak it in vinegar for several hours, and if that doesn’t work, a replacement may be needed.
Faucet Styles and Options
Your home is likely your biggest asset, so you want to protect its value. Bathroom and kitchen remodeling is a good investment option. Also, choosing a new faucet is fun. There are so many dynamic styles and exciting, “smart” features that you’ll have a hard time deciding what faucet you want for your sink or tub.
Start with the four basic types of faucets:
- Common in kitchen sinks
- Tend to leak more often
- Double handled
- Separate hot and cold cartridges
- Least expensive
- Most likely to break or leak
- Still used in utility sinks
- Two handles (hot/cold)
- Usually found in older homes
- Higher quality
- Seldom need repair
Faucets were developed in the 1700s for water control. The single-handle faucet was developed in 1937 when Al Moen badly burned his hands.
Faucets designs include:
- Roman tub
- Single handle
- Tub wall-mount
Homeowners have had chrome faucets forever, and with good reason. The metal is affordable, durable, easy to keep clean, and attractive. But it’s not the only option. Today’s faucets are often an expression of style as well as function.
Materials used for today’s faucets include:
- Brushed nickel
- Oil-rubbed bronze
- Stainless steel
Iceberg Cooling Is Invested in Central Florida
Our family has been serving families like yours for over 70 years. We’re invested in Central Florida, and we’re invested in you. That’s the Iceberg Cooling difference.
Why Choose Iceberg?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ We are very pleased with Iceberg, from sales to installation it was all done in a timely matter and as Promised. Shawn Crawford and Adam Jr came out on Saturday and worked all day, even though they faced a few hurdles, they did what they had to do to get it done. They were very polite.”
“ Chuck arrived within a day after my call. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He looked at my unit and told me what my options were as far as the unit. I felt very confident that he was telling me the true issues with my unit and what would be in my best interest.”
“ They are fast, reliable, and courteous! They have been out to our house twice to fix the same problem for two different reasons and both times were on time and cared about the well-being of our family. They are also very knowledgeable and also advised us on how to keep our A/C maintained during stor...”
“ Chuck from iceberg A/C and heating, LLC was AMAZING! I was recommended to this company, and I'm so happy I was. Chuck was timely, efficient, and thorough. He didn't try and sell me repairs that weren't needed, found our problem and will get fixed tomorrow! I would 100% recommend them to anyone, espe...”
“ Excellent work, very reliable. Highly recommend for all your heating and cooling needs.”
“ Very happy to have found them to help us with our AC needs. Very responsive, punctual, honest and friendly!! Elon is great very professional and courteous. Definitely recommend using them for service and repair.”