Electric Water Heater Installation in Lakeland, Winter Haven & Orlando, FL
When you’re ready for an electric water heater installation, you have many considerations. You’ll want better energy efficiency and lower monthly electric bills. You’ll want a water heater with a longer life span. An electric water heater is a sound investment that will increase the value of your property, and they often outlive gas water heaters.
You’ll likely consider one of these four types of electric water heaters:
- Heat pump – Electricity is used to move heat to the water (instead of generating heat to create hot water).
- Solar – If you already have roof-mounted solar panels, this is a logical installation; you’ll need electricity for cloudy days.
- Storage – Traditional storage tanks hold 40 to 120 gallons of water to be heated.
- Tankless – Sometimes called “demand” or “on-demand” water heaters. Larger tankless electric water heaters can use more electricity than some homeowners have, so careful analysis is needed before investing in a tankless option.
Advantages of Electric Water Heaters
A lower upfront cost is the reason many people opt for an electric water heater. Also, in some parts of the country, natural gas is unavailable. Electricity is easily accessible throughout the U.S.
Many people also feel electric water heaters are safer than gas. It’s true that gas water heater leaks create additional safety concerns. We advise gas water heater owners to install a carbon monoxide detector near the water heater and check the flame color regularly.
Additionally, electric water heaters have a longer life span than gas water heaters. Storage electric water heaters usually last 12 to 15 years. Tankless water heaters can last as long as 20 years.
7 Signs You Need to Replace Your Water Heater
Electric water heaters have longer life spans, but they need scheduled maintenance to continue to operate optimally. If your water heater is more than 10 years old, you need to plan for a water heater replacement sooner rather than later.
Other signs you need to replace your water heater include:
- Corrosion – Rust or other types of corrosion on your water heater tank exterior signal the need for replacement.
- Leaks – Neglecting a water heater leak can lead to more damages and repair costs. If you see puddles on the floor near the water heater, call your local plumber immediately.
- Metallic odor – This is another sign you have a mineral buildup inside your water heater tank.
- No hot water – Again, depending on age, replacement may be the best option.
- Noises – Knocking, gurgling, or rumbling noises are not normal. These noises are likely caused by sediment buildup breaking loose.
- Rusty or cloudy water – If your water is discolored, your unit is corroding or underperforming. Cloudy water means sediment build-up is impairing the water heater’s interior. Either way, you need to schedule a plumbing repair.
- Too many repairs – If you’ve scheduled too many service repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace your water heater.
Sizing an Electric Water Heater
Are you wondering what size electric water heater you need? It’s a logical question that plays an important role in your electric water heater’s performance. Sizing a water heater depends on more than square footage as the number of people in your home and your lifestyle are also factors.
Here’s one way to determine water heater sizing:
- Determine the hour/time of day you use the most hot water.
- Multiply the applications (usage) by how many gallons of hot water are used:
- 1 clothing/washing machine load = 7 gallons
- 1 dishwasher = 6 gallons
- 1 hand dishwashing/food prep = 4 gallons
- 1 shave = 2 gallons
- 1 shower = 10 gallons
For example, a 40-gallon water heater can accommodate two showers at a time, but if you’re also doing a load of laundry and running the dishwasher, you might get a cold surprise if your shower runs long! Another way to determine size is per person, for:
- 1 to 2 people — 23-26-gallon water heater
- 2 to 3 people — 40-60 gallon water heater (small tank)
- 3 to 5 people — 60-80 gallon water heater (medium/large tank)
Iceberg Cooling Is Always Here for You
Our family has been serving families like yours for over 70 years. In fact, our HVAC and plumbing professionals live and work in central Florida, so we’re in your neighborhood when you need us.
If you need help deciding what type of electric water heater would be best for your home, you want Iceberg Cooling, the best plumbers in:
How can we say we’re “the best”? Because we have a passion for customer care and quality workmanship that distinguishes us from other companies. And if you value testimonials, Iceberg Cooling has reviews on Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Yelp.
Do you have a renovation project or a new home build planned for this year? Let’s work together to discover your home’s possibilities! Call (863) 223-1849 or contact us today.
Why Choose Iceberg?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ We are very pleased with Iceberg, from sales to installation it was all done in a timely matter and as Promised. Shawn Crawford and Adam Jr came out on Saturday and worked all day, even though they faced a few hurdles, they did what they had to do to get it done. They were very polite.”
“ Chuck arrived within a day after my call. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He looked at my unit and told me what my options were as far as the unit. I felt very confident that he was telling me the true issues with my unit and what would be in my best interest.”
“ They are fast, reliable, and courteous! They have been out to our house twice to fix the same problem for two different reasons and both times were on time and cared about the well-being of our family. They are also very knowledgeable and also advised us on how to keep our A/C maintained during stor...”
“ Chuck from iceberg A/C and heating, LLC was AMAZING! I was recommended to this company, and I'm so happy I was. Chuck was timely, efficient, and thorough. He didn't try and sell me repairs that weren't needed, found our problem and will get fixed tomorrow! I would 100% recommend them to anyone, espe...”
“ Excellent work, very reliable. Highly recommend for all your heating and cooling needs.”
“ Very happy to have found them to help us with our AC needs. Very responsive, punctual, honest and friendly!! Elon is great very professional and courteous. Definitely recommend using them for service and repair.”