Which is Better for Your Florida Home: A Heat Pump or an Air Conditioner?
When it comes to beating the Florida heat and keeping your home at a comfortable temperature, it’s important to choose the unit that’s best fit for the job. Though both air conditioners and heat pumps are equipped to handle the high temperatures, a heat pump is a better choice.
The biggest difference between the two units is that heat pumps can provide heating while air conditioners cannot. Heat pumps are ideal for handling the moderate winter temperatures in Florida and other southern states, making them a smart investment.
The Benefits of Heat Pumps
In addition to being able to heat and cool your home, heat pumps come with an additional set of benefits. If you’re on the fence, trying to decide if you should purchase an air conditioner or heat pump, keep these heat pump benefits in mind:
Improved Indoor Air Quality: A heat pump filters, cleans, and purifies the air as it circulates. Many heat pump filters will remove dust, mold, smoke, and other contaminants as it works.
Heating and Cooling Options: Because of how heat pumps work, they can both heat and cool your home. During the summer, a heat pump will extract the heat in your home and transfer it outside. During the winter, a heat pump extracts heat from outside and transfers into the home.
- Energy Efficiency and Eco-Friendliness: These units are currently the most cost-effective way to keep your home comfortable. And because heat pumps don’t burn anything as the heat energy source, there are no additional carbon emissions aside from the small amount of electrical energy required to run the compressor. They’re very environmentally friendly and don’t harm the ozone layer.
- Convenience: Heat pumps allow you to increase or decrease the temperature of a room at the push of a button. They have the power to change the temperature in a matter of minutes. Many units have the added benefit of a programmable timer, which allows you to schedule a temperature change.
The Benefits of Air Conditioners
Just because heat pumps are ideal for Florida homes doesn’t mean that air conditioners aren’t just as good of a choice. Air conditioners come with benefits as well:
- Cost-effective: If you live in an area that doesn’t experience much cold weather, a heat pump may not be necessary. In this case, it would make more sense to invest in an air conditioner. Though heat pumps are very efficient, AC units tend to be more cost-effective for cooling use. Air conditioners are also less expensive to purchase upfront than heat pumps.
- Improved air quality: Like heat pumps, air conditioners also improve indoor air quality. They’re capable of filtering out pollen, dust, and other allergens in your air.
- Good for allergies: Air conditioners disinfect the air we breathe, reducing the risk of asthma attacks and allergies. They remove pollen and dust, as well as prevent the growth of mildew and mold.
- Don’t depend on outside temperatures: With a heat pump, the temperature of your home depends on the temperature outside. With an air conditioner, that’s not the case.
Local Heat Pump and Air Conditioner Services
We’re proud to provide both heat pump and air conditioner services in the local Orlando, Lakeland, and Polk County areas of Florida.
Our team of highly trained technicians at Iceberg has over 70 years’ experience in residential and commercial HVAC in the Lakeland area. Our team strives to provide our customers with the best product, workmanship, and customer service possible.
If you’re interested in having an air conditioner or heat pump installed, we’re the ones to call. We offer heat pump and AC repair, replacement, and maintenance services as well. For the best HVAC services in Polk County, call Iceberg today!
Heat Pump Installation and Replacement for Orlando and Lakeland, FL
Heat pumps are one of the best options for keeping your home comfortable all year.
Traditional air conditioners encounter efficiency problems when the temperatures are extremely high. (And that happens frequently here in Florida.) But heat pump air conditioning, because of its design and delivery, doesn’t have problems with extreme heat.
Heat pumps are basically designed for warm-weather climates. That makes them perfect for Florida! It doesn’t get very cold here in the Lakeland and Orlando area, but when we want heat, we want it.
A heat pump delivers the best of both worlds: the premium air conditioning you need and heat when you want it.
Heat pump installation or replacement isn’t a DIY (do-it-yourself) project. These unique heating and cooling units should be selected carefully and sized specifically according to your home and household size. Your heat pump must easily meet your comfort requirements.
Iceberg professionals first assess your heat and cooling “load.” A heating/cooling load is a measurement of the energy needed for your square footage. Based on what we learn, we’ll partner with you to choose the best heating and cooling system for your commercial or residential property.
Iceberg Home Services has delivered superior products and dependable service to Polk and Orange counties as well as neighboring communities for over 70 years. We were here for your parents, and we’ll be here for your kids.
Don’t let money stand in the way of improved IAQ (indoor air quality) and comfort. We’ll help you find financing options. Plus, the energy savings of a heat pump installation or replacement will be measurable every month: Your monthly energy bills will be lower.
Why Choose Iceberg Home Services?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ We are very pleased with Iceberg, from sales to installation it was all done in a timely matter and as Promised. Shawn Crawford and Adam Jr came out on Saturday and worked all day, even though they faced a few hurdles, they did what they had to do to get it done. They were very polite.”
“ Chuck arrived within a day after my call. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He looked at my unit and told me what my options were as far as the unit. I felt very confident that he was telling me the true issues with my unit and what would be in my best interest.”
“ They are fast, reliable, and courteous! They have been out to our house twice to fix the same problem for two different reasons and both times were on time and cared about the well-being of our family. They are also very knowledgeable and also advised us on how to keep our A/C maintained during stor...”
“ Chuck from iceberg A/C and heating, LLC was AMAZING! I was recommended to this company, and I'm so happy I was. Chuck was timely, efficient, and thorough. He didn't try and sell me repairs that weren't needed, found our problem and will get fixed tomorrow! I would 100% recommend them to anyone, espe...”
“ Excellent work, very reliable. Highly recommend for all your heating and cooling needs.”
“ Very happy to have found them to help us with our AC needs. Very responsive, punctual, honest and friendly!! Elon is great very professional and courteous. Definitely recommend using them for service and repair.”