How to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Are you dealing with dust, pollen, mold spores, or similar indoor air pollutants in your home? Not only can this debris worsen allergies, it can also make you or your family members sick. Here are some tips from the indoor air quality experts at Iceberg Cooling detailing the best ways to improve air quality!
What You Can Do to Improve the IAQ of Your Florida Home
There are quite a few very simple changes and practices you can implement to give your air quality a boost:
- Keep fabrics clean. While much of the dust and dander you actually see in your home is on wood and furniture surfaces, it’s actually cloth and fabrics that carry the most. This is because we tend to clean these far less often, and their fibrous nature tends to pick up and hold pollutants far more readily. For this reason, be sure to clean bedclothes and drapes weekly and vacuum routinely.
- Start a no-shoes policy. Tons of dust and pollen are carried in on footwear coming in from outside. To prevent this from happening as much as possible, start a no-shoes on in the home policy and back it up with a good floor mat.
- Change your air filters. Your HVAC system can do a good bit of air cleaning all on its own, provided the air filter stays clean and routinely changed. For the best results, be sure to swap it out once every two months at least.
- Air things out from time to time. When we think of dust and pollen, many of us will begin to picture roads and fields. But in fact, indoor air is much denser with these pollutants. This is because once in the home they don’t really have anywhere to go, so instead, they stick around and pile up along floors, walls, and on furniture. A breath of fresh air can do wonders, so open the windows on a nice day!
What Professionals Can Do to Improve Your IAQ
The tips above can go a long way in helping reduce allergies and in improving the quality of your air, but for the best results and an all-around more efficient solution, getting in touch with an air quality specialist is even better. IAQ experts offer:
- Duct cleaning services. Much of the mess that gets into your home air has nowhere to go, so it tends to pile up in places. And one of the largest sanctuaries by far for these pollutants is your ducts! Duct cleaning can remove massive amounts of mess and can even provide HVAC efficiency boosts as well.
- Air cleaner installation. Air cleaners, filtration systems, and air purifiers are the number one way to get a permanent solution to all of your air quality woes. Installed directly into ducted systems, these IAQ products work to remove or destroy all of the common home air pollutants, including dust, dander, mold spores, pollen, and even many forms of bacteria.
Air Quality Solutions in Polk County, Florida
Looking for a team with the skill, experience, and knowledge needed to help you solve all of your home air quality troubles in Lakeland and Winter Haven? Look no further, because you found Iceberg Cooling!
Why Choose Iceberg?
Highly Trained & CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Fast, Responsive Service
What Our Clients Are Saying
“ We are very pleased with Iceberg, from sales to installation it was all done in a timely matter and as Promised. Shawn Crawford and Adam Jr came out on Saturday and worked all day, even though they faced a few hurdles, they did what they had to do to get it done. They were very polite.”
“ Chuck arrived within a day after my call. He was very kind, courteous and professional. He looked at my unit and told me what my options were as far as the unit. I felt very confident that he was telling me the true issues with my unit and what would be in my best interest.”
“ They are fast, reliable, and courteous! They have been out to our house twice to fix the same problem for two different reasons and both times were on time and cared about the well-being of our family. They are also very knowledgeable and also advised us on how to keep our A/C maintained during stor...”
“ Chuck from iceberg A/C and heating, LLC was AMAZING! I was recommended to this company, and I'm so happy I was. Chuck was timely, efficient, and thorough. He didn't try and sell me repairs that weren't needed, found our problem and will get fixed tomorrow! I would 100% recommend them to anyone, espe...”
“ Excellent work, very reliable. Highly recommend for all your heating and cooling needs.”
“ Very happy to have found them to help us with our AC needs. Very responsive, punctual, honest and friendly!! Elon is great very professional and courteous. Definitely recommend using them for service and repair.”